Call for Papers!
We are happy to finally announce the Call for Papers for FOSS Security Campus 2023. We are very much looking forward to see your session proposals and meet you in person or virtually in September 2023.
What we are looking for
FOSS Security Campus is looking for talks on:
- OSS Security Processes – best practices for handling security vulnerabilities for OSS projects, share your experience and expertise with fellow OSS teams- My OSS Supply Chain – By their very license OSS comes without warranty. Still in the past „all bugs are shallow given enough eyes“ has proven true
- Tell OSS users how to learn more about the projects their businesses rely on. What to look for when searching for security process documentation? What are warning signs for risky dependencies in terms of security process, but also in terms of long term sustainability?
- Explain to OSS users what best practices for identifying used components look like.
- Tell downstream users more about common security communication patterns in Open Source: Where to send security reports, which response times to expect, where to look for vulnerability fix disclosures.
- Tell us all the good, the bad and the ugly about bug bounties, zero days and all issues you ran into with such programs.
- Tell more about the patterns you think every developer should now about security by design. What are the biggest flaws you found in the past? What are places that are prone to errors?
- Open Source and Security audits? A contradiction or a perfect match?
The list is not complete and we are always happy about new and unique submissions.
This Call for Papers closed on 2023-05-21 23:59 (Europe/Berlin).